- Jack Waterford: Tony Abbott should be looking to the message, rather than the messenger
- David Crowe: Tony Abbott must start listening
- Dennis Atkins: Why Tony Abbott’s government is in deep trouble
- Dennis Shanahan: Cruising in opposition, adrift in government
- Jonathan Green: Is history repeating itself already for Tony Abbott?
- Michael Gordon: Prime Minister Tony Abbott is feeling the heat after a ‘ragged’ year
- Lenore Taylor: The Coalition’s own messages are neither coherent nor convincing
- Tim Colebatch: More reasons why the Abbott budget is so hard to sell
- Jane Gilmore: CSIRO cuts: be very alarmed
- Ben Eltham: Victoria’s Swing To The Left: Eltham’s Analysis Of Saturday’s Result
- Stephen Mills: Rules for Radicals comes to Carrum
- Wendy Harmer: “You should have seen this coming, guys.”
- Peter Browne: Gap year
- Lenore Taylor: Three things a good government would do
- Katharine Murphy: Five things we’ve learned from the year in politics
- Greg Jericho: ‘Year of delivery’ draws to a close, but are voters buying it?
Other crunchy brain food
- Greg Jericho: Don’t use Hughes’ death to beat your own drum
- Monica Attard: Julie Bishop goes nuclear
By request, my posts for the week
- Chief of staff job too big for one person
- Sorry Clive, honeymoon’s over
- Are pollies kids fair game in political journalism?
- Here’s your lump of coal. Merry Xmas.
- Class of 2014