- Monica Attard: Was this our greatest fear?
- Paul Kelly: Probe into possible role of policy failures in the Martin Place tragedy
- Jacqueline Maley: Let there be no doubt: Monis was a terrorist
- Tony Walker: Lone wolves with Facebook friends
- James Brown: Fighting a siege mentality
- Greg Jericho: Coalition’s previous budget rhetoric has come back to haunt them
- Lenore Taylor: Australia, we have a budget problem, and the ‘solutions’ are underwhelming
- Paul Kelly: Update reveals daunting challenge for a debased political culture
- Michael Gordon: Julie Bishop and the empathy deficit
- David Crowe: Political class stumbles on how to fix our broken budget
- Ross Gittins: Has the Lucky Country lost its ardour and ambition?
- Peter Brent: Why greatness will probably elude Joe
Abbott, Credlin, reshuffle
- Jane Gilmore: Leadership: Hitting the reset button
- Niki Savva: It’s the best and worst of times
- Geoff Kitney: Can Tony Abbott hang on to his leadership?
2014 in review
- Lenore Taylor: Politics in 2014: the Coalition dished out slogans, and its sentence is clear
- Laura Tingle: Exhausted government is searching for alibis
- Martin McKenzie-Murray: The year that was: seeking meaning inside a vacuum
By request, my posts for the week:
- Does the ministry ‘stability’ border on stagnation?
- Why the PM’s Peta Problem is not going away
- MYEFO: Why we should care
- Julie Bishop for PM? Unlikely
- 2014: The Year that was (best viewed on tablet)