- Monica Attard: MH17, Putin, and the truth
- Michael Gawenda: Searching for the ‘real’ Tony Abbott
- Tim Dunlop: In a national disaster, who speaks for us?
- Jonathan Green: Abbott should speak from the heart more often
- Michael Gordon: The best and worst of Australia on display
- Sophie Morris: Security council ties that bind
- David Marr: A bulldog jaw and solemn warnings – but India calls the shots
- Mark Rolfe: Early missteps show Abbott needs a plan B to deal with the Senate
- Laura Tingle: Joe Hockey opens the book on a misfiring government
- Lenore Taylor: Maybe not your average Joe, but going for tough budget cuts is nothing special
- Annabel Crabb: Context pops Hockey right in the kisser – again
- Wendy Harmer: The outer limits of compassion
- Sarah Malik: When tragedy strikes, even onlookers can suffer
- Shaun Carney: Are voters set to stop giving first-term leaders a second chance?
- Paul Strangio: The myth of crisis in Australian politics
And my posts for the week: