- Jack Waterford: New tenants having a party
- Katharine Murphy: Tony Abbott ascends and the age of Bronwyn dawns
- Peter Hartcher: Whales and the gnashing of Labor teeth
- Katharine Murphy: Rudd exit provokes something rare – MPs pondering their own mortality
- Piping Shrike: Rudd
- Jonathan Green: Rudd’s sometimes soaring career ends in failure
- Dennis Glover: Rudd lacked the purpose Labor needed
- Malcolm Maiden: Surreal nature of brawl over debt ceiling
- Laura Tingle: Complexities sidelined in rush to push through carbon policies
- Greg Jericho: What happened to the Coalition’s budget emergency?
- Bruce Haigh: Scott Morrison’s no-show-and-tell on asylum seekers
- Lenore Taylor: Abbott’s asylum seeker secrecy leaving Australians in the dark
- Antoinette Abboud: Why so smug?
- Jonathan Holmes: Chasing balance in news reporting