Quality Australian political writing is thin on the ground this time of year, but not missing altogether. Here’s a few pieces to get you thinking over the weekend.
- Katharine Murphy: Labor’s policy land grab may pull Abbott into war of ideas
- Tad Tietze: 2012 in review – the year that politics disoriented the Left
- Tony Walkler [$]: Ghosts of Coalition campaigns past
- Pamela Williams [$]: Julia Gillard and the prince
- Bluntshovels: Getting welfare policy out of the goldfish bowl
- Preston Towers: Rise of the Guardians – a new year and a new hope?
- Tory McGuire: Do you really need to “live on the dole” to understand?
- Jeff Sparrow: Short-term stunts are a far cry from lived experience