Meanwhile, Australian politics continued and some quality journalists kept their eye on the main game. Here’s the best of the week, plus a fabulous farewell piece from George Megalogenis.
- Katharine Murphy: Is Gillard hitting her stride?
- Paul Kelly: Labor trapped in front of its own surplus target
- Ross Gittins: Food boom with a twist turns screws on farmers
- Laura Tingle [free]: Leak brawl drowns out costings debate
- Phillip Hudson: Our election too will be decided on key battlegrounds
- Geoff Kitney [free]: Coalition haunted by ghost of 1993
- George Megalogenis: It’s been mega, but a new life calls