The week that was….
There was much to mull over this week: an interest rate cut, a Twitter uprising against Alan Jones, continued public appearances by Kevin Rudd, and signs that Tony Abbott’s poor rating with female voters is beginning to bite. Links to quality pieces on all of these – and much more – can be found below.
Interest rates and economic behaviour
- Jessica Irvine: Rating the rate cut
- GrogsGamut / Greg Jericho: Car sales as a speedo check for the economy
- Ross Gittins: How intuitive morality has challenged the rationalists
Jones and the quality of political discourse
- Paul Kelly: Hypocrisy rules but both sides of politics are courting danger
- George Megalogenis: Electorate gives grumpy cultural warriors a lesson in manners
- Jonathan Green: The truth is we’re probably not very nice
- Peter Hartcher: Fire was lit a long time ago
- Steven Scott: Is Rudd friend or foe for Labor?
- Phil Coorey: Abbott campaign takes spousal support to a new level
- Bernard Keane: Tables turn on stumblebum Abbott as Labor cuts its error rate
- Lenore Taylor: Hold on to your bonnets for the new Downton Abbott
- Katharine Murphy: The Greens’ war within
Other thinky pieces