The week that was…
This week we had Gonski, Cubbie and the musings of Malcolm*. There was scurrilous talk about an early election. Antony Green explained which party would benefit from going early, with only the House of Reps MPs facing the electorate.
David Marr’s Quarterly Essay on Tony Abbott was released. To even things up, The Australian did a profile on Christine Milne.
Meanwhile, Tim Dunlop and Jonathan Green did their usual sterling work in providing us with crunchy brain food.
- Laura Tingle: Crazy brave Gillard walks schools tightrope
- Simon Benson: Surrounded by danger? Simply call the crusade.
- George Megalogenis: Grand gestures need more details
- Tad Tietze: This could take a while. The slow agony of the Gillard government
- Laura Tingle: Abbott must cotton on – and quickly
- Laurie Oakes: Libs reap strife over cotton-pickin’ Joyce
- Peter Hartcher: Abbott cuts Joyce loose
- Norman Abjorensen: Tony abbott and the challenge of a Green-controlled Senate
- Michelle Grattan: The musings of Malcolm
Food for thought
- Antony Green: In which party’s interest is an early federal election?
- Tim Dunlop: Where do internet trolls find their role models? and The Eternal Blind Spot of the Journalist Mind
- Jonathan Green: Diggers caught in the media muddle
*I’ve posted Turnbull’s speech on the Longer Reads page.