This week’s links are like a box of Arnott’s family assorted – there’s something for everyone. Unless you’re looking for more sordid details on Slipper and Thomson et al, because these are not the links you’re looking for….
Anyway, this week we have Grog, Gittins and Mega grappling with next week’s federal budget, while Sheehan and Tingle take a deeper look at the PM’s woes. Macken looks at the What Matters to Australians report. Jonathan Green continues to unravel the political media’s last shreds of credibility. And Jack the Insider reminds us about political charisma.
Budget and the economy
- Ross Gittins: The elusive sweet spot in the middle
- Greg Jericho / Grogs Gamut: Tough sell – Swan’s unenviable budget quandary
- George Megalogenis: Budgets and hard truths
What to do about Julia
- Paul Sheehan: Don’t blame Gillard, Labor’s nadir has been a team effort
- Laura Tingle: Here’s the news – everyone’s a critic
Other crunchy brain food
- Deidre Macken: Australia – land of the lost big idea
- Jonathan Green: Never mind the politics, feel the policy
- Jack the Insider: The ‘c’ word in politics
- David Penberthy: Cashed-up bogans will have the lethal last laugh on Labor
No Crap App now has a Facebook page for readers who have something to say about the week’s links. Visit the page, choose a piece, and let us know what you think about it.