The week that was…
This week’s political media contained two debates that couldn’t be more diametrically opposed. At one end was the debate over what the Government should do about Slipper. At the other, disagreement raged over the Reserve Bank’s judgement (and still continued over the need for a surplus).
The most sensible of the Slipper pieces are here (plus one that spells out the risks for Abbott). Also listed are those that most clearly explain the economic issues. LaTingle talks about the upcoming Budget. And there’s a good piece from former WA Premier Geoff Gallop on the future of the ALP.
- Ben Eltham: Slipper’s media attack dogs
- Jennifer Hewett: Mess, Prime Minister
- Harry Evans: Public cynicism can only grow after Slipper
- Andrew Probyn: Slippery dilemma for Abbott
- George Megalogenis: The country suffers as a rat in the ranks taints the parliament
- Ross Peake: When slim pickings make for slim margins
- Laurie Oakes: Gillard’s hypocrisy on the presumption of innocence
Economy and the Budget
- Tim Colebatch: Reserve wrong and must move on
- Jessica Irvine: Low inflation is here to help
- David Uren: World’s best but we must still cut
- George Megalogenis: Falling interest rates to ease carbon tax pain
- Peter Brent: Deserve’s got nothing to do with it
- Laura Tingle: It’s budget time – cue the dramatic twist
Check out No Crap App’s new Political Profiles page.